Friday 19 November 2010

Mock Art Exam - Coughing

For the last two days, I've been sitting a 10 hour mock art exam, it's involved a lot more painting than I've planned to ever do in my entire life, and I'm not best pleased with the result.

Unfortunately, for the last two days, I've also been quite ill, by which I mean coughing a lot, and through the art exam, the frequency of my coughing stayed quite constant. Now, when you're sitting, painting for a long period of time, when people cough, that seems to be the highlight of your day. The thing is, after a while, you begin to notice a pattern in coughing - frequency and amount.

For example, what I noticed, was someone behind me with an infrequent but loud and long cough, someone across from me had a more frequent but shorter cough, perhaps a single or double cough. Whilst someone nearer and to the right of me coughed only occasionally, and quietly. Do you see the problem with this? No? Well, here it is... I shouldn't notice these things! 

This is the kind of thing that sitting a 10 hour exam drives you to, insanity. In fact, I noticed that after some people were coughing, there was an equal cough from someone else, and eventually I realised that he was in fact mimicking the coughing. A few times he mimicked mine aswell; one time, after I coughed, he coughed, but slightly longer and louder, I looked over at him, and he gave me this look as if to say, 'Beat that.'

As it happened, I wassn't being dragged into a coughing war... or was I? No, I wasn't.

I'll let you go.

1 comment:

  1. Logs I wish you could see how good your painting is- it's really amazing.

    ReplyDelete